If you have a loved one experiencing an Adderall addiction, you may be feeling confused and overwhelmed. Aside from these feelings, you’re also likely searching for the best Adderall addiction treatment center that can provide your family with relief. Before searching for a program that can help, you should first try to understand what your loved one is experiencing.
What is Adderall?
Before you can find the best Adderall addiction treatment center, you need to understand how the drug impacts the body. Adderall is a prescription medication that acts as a powerful stimulant. Dopamine is a naturally existing chemical in the brain that makes us feel pleasure. Adderall causes dopamine levels to rise drastically. This process can lead to a craving for more pleasurable sensations that result from Adderall use.
Common Effects of Adderall Abuse
The abuse of Adderall can lead to many different short and long-term effects. Knowing what to look for in your loved one can help you identify the problem and begin the search for help. Some of the more common effects include:
- Feelings of euphoria– Because Adderall increases dopamine production so much, the person feels an extreme sense of pleasure or happiness. The dopamine trigger is what makes Adderall a high-risk drug for potential abuse and addiction.
- High blood pressure– Since Adderall is a potent stimulant, it can create high blood pressure and other similar symptoms. This symptom can be particularly dangerous for those with heart conditions or cardiovascular disease.
- Increase in nervous energy– Those abusing stimulants such as Adderall often display nervous energy. For example, they may talk fast or continuously fidget.
- High body temperature– Our body temperature remains typically constant except for periods of illness. However, when you abuse a stimulant drug, your body temperature can rise too high. This increase in temperature can be harmful, even causing organ damage in some cases.
- Risky behavior– Those who are experiencing the effects of stimulants may make unwise decisions to engage in risky behaviors. For instance, these types of actions can include law-breaking activities that can cause a lot of trials in a person’s life. These actions are inconsistent with the person’s usual behavior when they’re not under the influence of addictive substances.
What Occurs in an Adderall Addiction Treatment Center?
An Adderall addiction treatment center can include many different elements. More than likely, the treatment professionals involved in your care will create a plan of action that’s just for you.
Many targeted treatment plans include:
Your specific treatment plan will likely include a combination of these elements designed to offer you immediate relief. In addition to experiencing relief now, your treatment team can help you develop a plan to ward off the risk of a relapse in the future.
Help Your Loved One Navigate the Treatment Process
Helping a loved one who is experiencing an addiction can be frightening. It’s comforting to note that many high-quality Idaho rehab centers are here for you. Obtaining a proper Adderall addiction treatment center is possible. Furthermore, this type of treatment program can allow your whole family to be at peace again.
About Zelus Recovery
Zelus Recovery is a quality rehab center that is skilled at providing healing techniques for young adults and adolescents. Located in Meridian, Idaho, Zelus Recovery promotes family involvement, holistic healing, and quality aftercare. By focusing on early intervention and intensive outpatient programs, the treatment team at Zelus can ensure you get the best results possible.
Don’t remain trapped in the abusive cycle of addiction. Turn to Zelus Recovery as your Adderall addiction treatment center. Call today at 866-365-4436 to learn about your options. Let us help you begin your road to recovery.