While the addiction to prescription drugs has gained media attention in recent years, the abuse of illegal substances also continues to be a problem. The demand for substance abuse treatment for these illicit drugs continues to rise, especially cocaine addiction treatment.
What Is Cocaine?
Cocaine is a potent central nervous system stimulant. It comes from a naturally existing plant known as the coca plant. Cocaine interacts with brain receptors that influence the perception of pleasurable stimuli. The flood of pleasurable sensations that accompany cocaine use can make a cocaine addiction more likely.
During a cocaine rehab program, individuals can recover from the side effects of cocaine. Without the substance and addiction therapy programs, individuals can find pleasure again in drug-free activities in life.
Signs of an Addiction to Cocaine
Cocaine addiction can never go unnoticed. By looking out for the following signs, you can get your loved one adequate cocaine addiction treatment quickly:
- Extreme excitability– Cocaine stimulates the central nervous system. This can result in consistent patterns of excitability in a person who is abusing the drug. For example, he may display a lot of nervous energy or engage in rapid speech.
- Weight loss– Cocaine can also act as a stimulant for metabolism. As a result, a person may experience a loss of hunger or extreme weight loss.
- Lack of cleanliness– A person suffering from an addiction to cocaine may become less interested in maintaining a healthy degree of personal cleanliness. They may stop bathing, combing their hair, or brushing their teeth.
- Social isolation– A person who is struggling with the weight of drug addiction will often begin to separate themselves from others. They will likely try to find ways to prevent their family from worrying about their condition. They may also be less interested in former hobbies.
- Dangerous behaviors– In some cases, a person experiencing symptoms of a cocaine use disorder may start to engage in risky behaviors. These actions could include driving under the influence of drugs, theft, or numerous other dangerous acts.
- Mood swings– Mood swings and extreme changes in personality are a common problem for those struggling with drug addiction. It may seem as if the person can quickly shift between feelings of happiness, sadness, anger, aggression, and many other emotions.
Gaining Proper Cocaine Addiction Treatment
Experiencing a cocaine use disorder can be a very frightening process. Thankfully, proper cocaine addiction treatment can help restore peace to a person’s life. The elements used in your treatment plan will depend on your specific issues and problem areas. Treatment options may include:
- Group therapy
- Medication management
- Support groups
- Community programs
- Family-integrated services
The best results usually come from multiple approaches that complement one another. These range from evidence-based therapies to holistic programs that will all promote health and wellness.
Best Ways to Help a Loved One
If you’re watching a loved one suffer the consequences of an addiction, you are not alone. There’s no denying that this experience can be frightening and overwhelming for everyone involved. Searching for the right Meridian drug rehab can offer your family the peace of mind of knowing your loved one is receiving the best care.
With a personalized cocaine addiction treatment plan, your family member can overcome this troubling challenge. Look for cocaine rehab programs that guide you through the recovery process, such as the following:
- Early intervention program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Outpatient drug rehab
- Relapse prevention program
About Zelus Recovery
Zelus Recovery is an addiction treatment center located in Meridian, Idaho. The compassionate and skilled staff members at Zelus focus their attention on providing in-depth treatment for young people and adolescents facing addiction. Through a variety of holistic measures, this caring facility is equipped to meet each person’s unique needs.
Don’t let addiction keep you in its destructive grip. You can gain the skills you need to overcome this problem. Learn more about Zelus Recovery by contacting us online or by calling 208.518.0797. Discover the cocaine addiction treatment options we provide.