Is there a mental health epidemic in teens? Poor mental health in teens is a growing concern, with reports indicating increased mental health issues in recent years. In the United States, one in three adolescents struggles with depression, anxiety, or another mental health disorder. These alarming statistics reveal a worrisome epidemic of poor mental health among teens.
If you or a loved one would like to know more about teen mental health treatment, reach out to Zelus Recovery at 208.518.0797. Our Idaho young adult treatment center knows all too well about the mental health epidemic in teens. Our teen mental health treatment is here to help. We provide customized, evidence-based treatments for adolescents, so they can get the support and care needed to heal.
The Mental Health Epidemic in Teens
Poor mental health in a teen can be a challenge to overcome, but it is possible. With the right support and guidance from professionals at Zelus Recovery, teens can lead successful lives free from mental health issues.
There are numerous factors that can contribute to poor mental health among teens:
- Teens live under a great deal of pressure due to academic expectations, social media comparison, and peer pressure.
- They face increased risks from drug use and abuse, which can lead to physical and emotional harm.
- There is a lack of resources available to teens when it comes to mental health care. Many teens don’t have access to counseling services or appropriate treatment options due to financial constraints or simply not knowing where to turn for help.
- There is still a stigma surrounding mental illness that makes it difficult for many teens to seek help for their problems without fear of judgment or shame.
- There has been an increase in self-harm among teens due to feelings of isolation and lack of connection with others. This can lead to serious psychological distress that can only be addressed by seeking professional help from a qualified therapist or doctor who specializes in treating adolescent mental health issues.
At Zelus Recovery, we understand the unique struggles teens face and are here to provide support and guidance. Our teen drug treatment in Idaho is staffed by experienced mental health professionals who have a deep understanding of what it takes to help teens heal.
What Treatments Are Available For Teens?
The most important thing parents and caregivers can do when they notice signs of poor mental health in their teens is reach out for help immediately. If your teen is struggling with depression, anxiety, or other forms of emotional distress, several treatments are available depending on the severity of their symptoms:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is effective at helping individuals manage their emotions while developing healthy coping skills they can use during times of stress or difficulty.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) may be recommended if your teen needs additional support managing impulsive behaviors like self-harming or substance abuse issues related to their poor mental state.
- Medication may also be prescribed if necessary but should only be used as part of a comprehensive treatment plan overseen by a medical professional experienced with adolescent psychiatry and addiction recovery programs.
Poor mental health among teens is an increasing problem that must be addressed head-on by both parents or caregivers and medical professionals.
Teens Can Heal at Zelus Recovery
To start making changes today, parents and caregivers must identify any signs that their teen may be struggling emotionally. This will ensure that they can get the help they need before symptoms worsen over time. There are many treatment options available, ranging from CBT sessions with a qualified therapist to drug addiction programs. With proper diagnosis and treatment tailored specifically for each individual case, we can work together towards breaking this cycle of poor mental health. Contact Zelus Recovery today at 208.518.0797 to learn more about teen drug treatment.