If your teen has been affected by substance abuse, you don’t know which way is up. Broken trust, failing communication, and just an overall disconnect makes your relationship with your child unrecognizable. It can also mean that your other children are feeling neglected as you focus on helping your teen. Thankfully, it doesn’t have to remain this way. By seeking help from a teen alcohol rehab center, you can restore peace to your household. But how can a teen alcohol rehab center in Idaho help your family?
Defining the Substance Use Disorder
As the parent of a teen affected by substance abuse, you need to have a good understanding of what a substance use disorder involves. This clear understanding will allow you to find the right teen alcohol rehab center in Idaho.
Substance abuse is the repeated abuse of addictive substances in ways that cause devastation to the person’s life. It doesn’t have to involve a specific substance or amount. As long as what is in use creates serious problems, there’s a genuine need to get help from a teen alcohol rehab center.
How to Recognize Teen Alcohol Abuse
Underage drinking is a common problem that many parents may fail to recognize. However, to get help from a proper teen alcohol rehab center, you’ll need to know the signs of this problem. Consider the following clues:
- Isolation– While teens may not always want to hang out with their parents, they do tend to enjoy the company of friends. If you your teen begins to avoid friends and activities they once enjoyed, it can be a sign of alcohol abuse.
- Poor school performance– Your teen may begin to get poor grades in school if they are dealing with a substance abuse problem. Disciplinary action at school is also not uncommon.
- Changes in appearance– If your teen is abusing alcohol, they may appear sickly or lose a lot of weight. They may also begin to pay less attention to their hygiene routine.
- Mood swings– Addictive substances like alcohol affect the chemistry of the brain. Therefore, a teen experiencing addiction will likely have a volatile mood. Their moods may seem to shift between varying degrees of emotion for no apparent reason.
- Secrecy– Your teen may try to cover up the serious nature of their problem. Taking the time and energy to dispose of empty liquor bottles in remote locations is just one example of this type of behavior.
Finding a Quality Teen Alcohol Rehab Center
Having an adolescent affected by substance abuse may seem scary to you as a parent. Finding a teen alcohol rehab center can help alleviate much of your stress during this time. By settling on the ideal teen alcohol rehab center in Idaho, you can be sure to meet the needs of your child.
Helping Your Teen with a Teen Alcohol Rehab Center in Idaho
As a concerned parent, you may sometimes feel lost as to how to help your teen. Aside from working with them to find the best teen alcohol rehab center, you should strive to keep the lines of communication open. Understand that the teen years are already trying. Your teen will likely have an especially hard time facing specific challenges.
About Zelus Recovery
Finding the right teen alcohol rehab center in Idaho doesn’t need to be challenging. Zelus Recovery is an adolescent treatment center for drug and alcohol abuse. Located in Meridian, Idaho, Zelus Recovery provides a wide variety of substance abuse programs to fit the needs of each situation.
Your family doesn’t have to be broken apart by substance abuse. Turn to Zelus Recovery as your teen alcohol rehab center to help your teen find recovery. Call today at 208.518.0797 to learn about treatment options.