Adolescent substance abuse is prevalent because teens are susceptible to drug use. But why? If teen drug use is affecting your family, you may be pondering this very question. If a teen you love is struggling with adolescent substance abuse, a young adult rehab center in Idaho may benefit them. Unlike adult rehabs, a teen rehab program is specifically designed for young adults and addresses their unique needs. Zelus Recovery offers teen addiction treatment in Idaho that can help your teen overcome substance abuse and begin a successful journey of recovery. Contact us at 208.518.0797 for more information about our treatment options. Nobody should have to suffer through adolescent substance abuse alone; let Zelus Recovery guide your teen toward a healthier and happier future.
Signs of Teen Drug Use
There are several factors that make teens susceptible to drug use. One is peer pressure. At this age, individuals want to fit in and may try drugs to be accepted by their peers. Another factor is stress and pressure from school or other aspects of their lives, leading them to turn to drug use as a way to cope.
Signs of teen drug use include:
- Changes in appearance or hygiene
- Decline in academic performance
- Secretive behavior or changes in friends
- Neglecting responsibilities and hobbiesMood swings or irritability
Experimentation with drugs can quickly turn into substance abuse and addiction for a teen. It is important to address drug use as soon as possible to prevent further negative consequences.
Why Teens are Susceptible to Drug Use
There are other factors that contribute to teen drug use. Here are some of the main reasons why teens are susceptible to drug use:
- The adolescent brain is still developing, making them more prone to impulsive behavior and peer pressure
- They may not fully understand the consequences of their actions, leading them to make risky decisions such as trying
- Teens often have easy access to drugs, whether it be from their friends or family members
- Certain substances, like marijuana, are becoming more and more accepted in society, leading to a false belief that they are safe to use
- Media and pop culture often glamorize drug use, making it appear attractive to teens
It is important to understand why teens are susceptible to drug use in order to prevent adolescent substance abuse and properly treat addiction. If your teen is struggling with drug use, a young adult rehab center in Idaho can help.
Zelus Recovery’s Teen Addiction Treatment Options
We do more than just detox our patients. We offer comprehensive teen addiction treatment in Idaho that addresses the underlying issues contributing to substance abuse. Our team of experienced professionals ensures personalized and effective treatment for your teen.
We offer the following therapies and treatments:
- Co-occurring disorders treatment
- Mental health treatment
- Anxiety treatment
- Depression treatment
- Personality disorder treatment
- PTSD treatment
- Schizophrenia treatment
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Telehealth program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Relapse prevention
Our addiction treatment programs focus on drugs ranging from marijuana to heroin. We also offer specialized treatment for polysubstance abuse, as well as treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders.
Get Help for Your Teen at Zelus Recovery
If your teen is struggling with drug use, it is important to seek professional help. At Zelus Recovery, we offer effective and personalized teen addiction treatment in Idaho. Contact us by using our online form or by calling us at 208.518.0797 for more information about our treatment options and how we can help your teen. If you suspect your teen is using drugs, do not wait to seek help. A teen addiction treatment program can provide the support and guidance your teen needs to overcome substance use disorder.