Deciding between an inpatient vs. outpatient treatment center could be one of the most significant decisions you face on your healing journey. While both types of rehab settings have their advantages, one or the other may be best suited for your needs. The information below will help you make an informed decision as you begin your course of addiction treatment.
What Is Inpatient Rehab?
When a person seeks professional help on an inpatient or residential basis, they will reside within the rehabilitation center itself throughout the entire course of treatment. While it might seem inconvenient, such intensive treatment yields excellent results in many cases where addiction is severe.
What Is Outpatient Rehab?
Outpatient rehab consists of many of the same types of protocols and programs as inpatient treatment does. However, outpatient drug rehab occurs after hours in an outpatient setting. You don’t need to live at the treatment facility to take part in the various forms of treatment offered.
Benefits of Inpatient Treatment Settings
When choosing between inpatient vs. outpatient programs, it’s important to consider the benefits of each. The following list touches on the advantages that inpatient rehabs offer:
- Intense focus on recovery- Many people find stepping away from other responsibilities highly conducive to healing and recovery. Taking time away from work and the stresses of everyday life can help a person gain an accurate assessment of the bigger picture.
- Elimination of triggers- Cravings, triggers, and access to addictive substances can slow down the recovery process. Inpatient treatment settings reduce the risk of a person being overcome by intense cravings during treatment.
- Access to constant care and support- Around the clock care and support is important to many people struggling with addiction. Whether a challenge arises day or night, a skilled professional will always be present to help you.
Benefits of Outpatient Treatment Settings
Outpatient drug treatment centers also provide a number of benefits, such as the following:
Getting help on an outpatient basis can seem less invasive, which some people find beneficial. It also allows for increased confidentiality for young adults who are worried about addiction affecting their future.
Allow for the Continuation of Obligations
Some individuals cannot take time off work to attend treatment programs on an inpatient basis. A person may also need to continue caring for their home and children while they get help.
Outpatient programs, such as teen drug rehab in Boise, let individuals continue school programs and even after school activities. They stay at home with their supportive families who can also be active in the recovery process with family therapy programs.
Allow for the Practice of Relapse Prevention
Since an individual seeking outpatient care will remain in the real world, they will face continual possible triggers. This will allow the individual to practice important relapse prevention strategies as they learn them.
Deciding Between Inpatient vs. Outpatient Treatment
If you’re searching for a quality Boise outpatient center, you may be overwhelmed at choosing between an inpatient and outpatient setting. Considering your unique needs and future goals can help you decide which option is best for you.
About Zelus Recovery
Zelus Recovery is a rehab center in Meridian, Idaho that is passionate about the needs of young adults and adolescents. The professional treatment team at Zelus Recovery provides access to many addiction treatment programs including:
- Early intervention
- Men’s and women’s rehab
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Specialized substance abuse treatment programs
- Dual diagnosis treatment
Let Zelus Recovery help you decide between inpatient vs. outpatient. Your recovery is a decision you shouldn’t make alone. Contact us at 208.518.0797 to discover the many ways we can help you end your addiction.