Benzodiazepines, or benzos, are common prescription medications in use today. In many cases, however, benzos have proven to be extremely addictive. Obtaining proper benzo addiction treatment can be a life-altering experience for those who suffer from substance addictions. Benzos, a Schedule IV drug, are meant for short-term usage only: they can be extremely addictive when misused. This can be especially dangerous in adolescents and can change their lives entirely if not treated properly.
If you or a loved one is experiencing addiction to benzos, Zelus Recovery offers young adult drug treatment programs that could be life-saving. Contact Zelus Recovery by filling out our online form or calling 208.518.0797 today to discuss your young adult drug rehab options.
What Are Benzos?
Benzodiazepines are powerful psychoactive medications that help treat a variety of health issues. Due to the substantial impact that benzos have on brain chemistry, they can also lead to a severe addiction for some people. As a person gets used to the effects of the drug, they will tend to require more significant amounts of it in the future. Benzo addiction treatment can help stop the cycle of dependence and addiction.
Benzo Addiction in Teens
To know if it’s time to seek treatment for a benzo addiction, it’s necessary to understand the consequences, such as:
- Developing a tolerance to benzos
- Drug-seeking behaviors
- Continued abuse of benzos
- Withdrawal symptoms when either stopping use of the drug or not having access to it
- A maladaptive pattern of substance abuse
When addiction takes over, a teen’s life can be altered forever. Benzo abuse can be challenging to spot if you’re not aware of the signs.
Possible Signs of a Benzo Addiction
For someone to obtain help from available benzo addiction treatment centers, it’s essential to detect signs of their abuse.
Common signs of benzo addiction include:
- Severe drowsiness – Benzos are often used to treat anxiety. As a result, they tend to have a calming effect on those who take them. Someone taking large amounts of benzos may experience alarming levels of drowsiness that make daily life difficult.
- Visiting multiple doctors – Many doctors will limit the number of benzos each person can get in a specific timeframe. As a result, some people who develop an addiction to benzos seek care from multiple doctors to maintain a steady supply of pills.
- Differences in personality – Benzos may alter a person’s mood or character to some degree. Mood swings, depression, anxiety, or personality changes can be common among those abusing these drugs.
- Poor concentration – Those dependent on benzos may also show reduced levels of concentration or mental alertness. The effects on different areas of the brain can also cause poor decision-making skills.
If you have a family member exhibiting these signs, it is essential to seek treatment from Zelus Recovery’s young adult drug rehab in Idaho.
Young Adult Drug Treatment
Zelus Recovery’s drug rehab in Idaho is available to provide your family with the assistance you may need. Proper benzo addiction treatment may include many different elements.
For example, you may benefit from:
- Personal therapy
- Group therapy
- Family programs
- Medication-based treatment
- Community outreach assistance
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
Your treatment team will work with you to assist you in receiving the best care through our young adult rehab.
Navigating the Path of Addiction
Addiction can be a very isolating experience. Despite the difficulties of young adult benzo addiction, many people want to see you succeed in your treatment endeavors. Rather than succumb to the feelings of loneliness, take appropriate action to utilize our drug rehab in Idaho. The results are worth the effort to get through the treatment process.
Explore Young Adult Drug Treatment at Zelus Recovery
Finding the proper benzo addiction treatment centers in Idaho doesn’t have to be an overwhelming process. The best teen rehab center in Boise is here for you. Zelus Recovery is a substance abuse and addiction treatment center in Meridian, Idaho, catering to the unique needs of young people and adolescents. Our staff at Zelus Recovery use a wide variety of holistic therapy approaches designed specifically for teens. These modern and classic techniques can help you or your teen break free from the damaging cycle of addiction.
Don’t let an addiction keep you from experiencing happiness. Benzo addiction treatment is available. Contact Zelus Recovery by completing our online contact form or calling 208.518.0797 to discover more about our drug treatment for young adults.