The key to helping teens recover from mental health issues is to get them proper treatment quickly. At Zelus Recovery, our extensive range of therapy options give teens the chance to share their thoughts and emotions in a safe and judgment-free environment. If you are the parent of a teen, it is critical that you are aware of signs of poor mental health in teens so that you can immediately help your teen begin to heal at Zelus Recovery. Some of the most common signs of poor mental health include:
- Mood changes – Parents need to look out for changes in mood and behavior. These are often signs of poor mental health in teens. It’s even more troubling when the changes are out of the norm for certain teenagers. Of course, everyone goes through mood changes from time to time. When these changes last for two weeks or more, they might indicate signs of poor mental health. Typically, these mood changes can cause problems in school and relationships.
- Falling grades – If teens typically do good in school, falling grades might indicate poor mental health. Some parents simply assume that falling grades signify that their teens don’t understand the source material. However, it’s also one of the signs of poor mental health in teens.
- Avoiding friends – Avoiding friends or family members isn’t common for most teens. While it’s true that teens do want privacy, completely avoiding others is one of the signs of poor mental health. On that same note, making completely new friends out of the blue is a warning sign of substance abuse.
- Inflicting physical harm to oneself – When teens feel like they’re losing control, they look for ways to regain control. Since most of them can’t control their mental health issues, they look for something they can control. Eventually, they figure out that inflicting physical harm is something that they have control over. Also, hurting themselves becomes a release.
- Difficulty separating reality from fiction – When teens have trouble separating reality from fiction, they might need a teen mental health treatment center Boise Idaho offers. It’s common for those with this symptom to have chronic illness schizophrenia. However, it’s also a side effect of some substances.
If your teen demonstrates one or more of these signs, it is time to contact our Zelus Recovery team. We are ready with the support and therapeutic programs they may need to regain control over their mental health and help cultivate positive habits that can last a lifetime.
Zelus Recovery Can Help You and Your Teen
Do you need help determining if your teen has a mental health disorder? Are you in need of behavioral therapy for teens near Boise, Idaho? If so, consider choosing Zelus Recovery for treatment. Our facility is a dual diagnosis treatment center near Boise, Idaho. Our dual diagnosis approach treats both addiction and any underlying mental health disorders.
We can teach you about the signs and provide programs such as:
- Intensive outpatient rehab
- Substance abuse treatment
- Dual diagnosis rehab
- Family therapy
- Group and individual therapy
When You See Signs of Poor Mental Health, Turn to Zelus Recovery
If you’re the parent or guardian of a teen, it is crucial to keep an eye out for these signs of poor mental health. Don’t wait to get your teen mental health treatment if you notice any of the signs. Contact Zelus Recovery today by calling 208.518.0797 for more information about our facility. Our team of therapists has decades of combined experience restoring teens’ self-confidence and self-esteem with various therapeutic approaches. We can help your teen, too. Reach out to our outstanding team today by calling 208.518.0797, or contact us online. Don’t wait another day to get your teen the help they need and deserve. Contact Zelus Recovery today.