For some people, marijuana is a harmless drug in comparison to others in use today. However, marijuana can present pressing issues that require a professional marijuana rehab center for help. It’s crucial to learn the signs of marijuana addiction to help a loved one because addiction is much easier to manage when caught early.
Many health professionals believe it’s possible to form an addiction to marijuana. Whether it is a chemical dependence or behavioral addiction, marijuana abuse can cause problems in teens and adults alike. At Zelus Recovery, our Boise marijuana addiction treatment program can help people learn how to enjoy life without using marijuana. Learn more from our Zelus Recovery team today by calling 208.518.0797 or completing our online form. First, however, it is important to be able to recognize the signs of marijuana addiction.
Marijuana is a common drug with psychoactive properties. These properties mean that the substance can change the user’s perception of the world around them. Marijuana comes from a natural plant known as cannabis. As a result, some people mistakenly believe that the drug isn’t harmful or addictive.
Commons Signs of Marijuana Addiction
Teenagers and young adults tend to experiment during these pivotal years. As a parent, you’re always wondering how to protect them from making poor decisions. If you suspect your child is using marijuana, it’s vital to know the signs of marijuana addiction.
- Impaired judgment – Those impacted by addiction often fail to make smart decisions. This decline in decision-making is because of the influence the drug has on the brain.
- Memory difficulties – The memory centers of the brain will experience a chemical change due to using drugs such as marijuana. Marijuana can then lead to problems recalling relevant information or remembering events.
- Poor problem-solving skills – We use problem-solving skills many times each day as we face difficulties in life. Because drug abuse can reduce these skills, which everyday life becomes more challenging.
- Effects on mood and personality – Personality changes and mood swings are also common experiences among those struggling with substance abuse. Severe mood swings can make it difficult to get through the day without serious challenges.
If you notice the signs above, it may also be helpful to look for drug paraphernalia to confirm usage. This may include hand-rolled cigarettes, pipes, or unrecognized homemade food items.
The sooner you identify these signs, the sooner you can find help for your child. An early intervention program can reduce the effects of drug abuse.
Is Marijuana Addictive?
The continued abuse of marijuana can lead to a condition known as a marijuana use disorder. This condition often results in a dependence on marijuana. When a person becomes dependent on the drug, they will feel uncomfortable symptoms if they stop using it. Examples of these include:
- Poor appetite
- Aches and pains
- Cravings for the drug
Moreover, this process indicates that the potential is there for marijuana to become addictive for some individuals. Once signs of pot addiction are apparent, it is time to reach out for help.
Getting Help for Marijuana Abuse
Marijuana addiction treatment may be necessary if a person experiences a marijuana use disorder. Detecting the early signs of pot addiction can allow you to seek proper help. Common symptoms of marijuana addiction include:
- Personality and mood changes
- Appetite and sleep changes
- Social isolation
- Unable to stop using marijuana
- Legal and financial issues
- Neglecting daily work, school, or family responsibilities
If you notice these signs in a loved one, seek professional care from a trusted addiction authority, such as Zelus Recovery.
Addiction Treatment at Zelus Recovery
Zelus Recovery is an addiction treatment facility that offers a diverse array of substance abuse programs. We are ready to help the residents of Meridian, Idaho, and the surrounding areas find the treatments they need once signs of pot addiction are evident. The treatment professionals at Zelus Recovery excel at providing the following treatment options:
- Early intervention
- Adolescent treatment program
- Outpatient drug rehab
- Young adult drug rehab
- Relapse prevention program
Overcome Marijuana Addiction at Zelus Recovery
If you believe your loved one is showing signs of marijuana addiction, don’t wait until it’s too late. Although some may incorrectly view marijuana as a relatively harmless drug, the effects of marijuana addiction are anything but harmless. This type of addiction produces the same negative results that any other drug can. Often, it is difficult or even impossible for people to stop using marijuana without the help of a team of addiction specialists.
At Zelus Recovery, our marijuana addiction treatment program provides the structure and support that you or a loved one may need to begin on the road to recovery. Contact Zelus Recovery today by calling 208.518.0797 or completing our online form to learn about treatment options. Help your loved one get the addiction treatment they deserve when you reach out to Zelus Recovery today.